You read that right. 100 things. Maybe you're thinking "there's no way I can think of 100 things I'm thankful for." That's what I thought at first, too. 30 tops, but never 100. So I thought I'd give this a try just to see if I actually could. I snagged it from This Gal who stole it from Her. I thought I'd give a shot at keeping the love going, so here goes . . .
Thursday, November 27, 2008
1. My husband.
2. My boys.
3. My girl.
4. Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra.
5. Taco Beaux & Lady Grace - our yellow & chocolate labs.
6. Living in the woods.
7. Living near the beach.
8. My Grandmother in Tennessee & being able to go up there to see her.
9. Ms. Sandra - an influential woman in my life who helped my Dad raise me.
10. My awesome, talented, crazy fun Dad.
11. His loving, patient, tolerant and vibrant wife, Sandy.
12. Coffee from Chiapas, Mexico
13. Chocolate from Chiapas, Mexico.
14. The Ok Cafe in Atlanta and their Mac & Cheese and Squash Casserole.
15. The Tin Top Oyster Bar in Bon Secour, AL.
16. Nail polish.
18. My sewing machine.
19. My new serger.
20. Being able to homeschool my children.
21. That my husband is secure enough to wear pink.
22. Bravo channel reality shows.
23. Only cooking one dish for Thanksgiving this year.
24. My babies cuddled in the bed with me.
25. Sleeping late.
26. Vacations to anywhere.
27. A friend who's still a friend even if we don't see each other or talk for a while.
28. That I love to be at home.
29. An endlessly packed fridge and pantry.
30. Front-loading washing machine.
31. A husband that can build things, soundly.
32. Chalkboard paint.
33. Dry-erase paint.
34. Padded bras.
35. Flip flops.
36. Stacks & stacks of fabric.
38. Caller ID.
39. Pink hair coloring.
41. Hot, hot, hot bath water.
42. The old claw foot tub my husband is going to restore for our bathroom remodel.
43. Black furniture.
44. My husband's Grandmother's silver.
45. Mystery novels.
46. Photographs of family & ancestors.
47. My 6 yr old's imagination.
48. My 8 yr old singing songs from my generation and before. And loving them.
49. My 4 yr old's innocence.
50. Memories of my Grandfather.
51. A mother-in-law & father-in-law who are willing to baby-sit almost any time I ask.
52. My own creativity.
55. Coffee pot.
56. My mini-van. It's nice and doesn't break down all the time.
59. Bare Minerals make-up.
60. Fat little baby toes.
61. My children's artwork.
62. Tropical plants around my house.
63. A husband that knows all about plants so that's one less thing I have to figure out.
65. That we're able to give to others.
66. Foley's Irish Pub.
67. Charlotte Mason.
68. Stainless steel sinks.
69. King size bed.
70. Vintage looking tile.
73. Cold weather for a change.
74. My husband's Primo grill.
76. Our peacocks.
77. Monkey chandelier.
78. 100 yr old desk my kids do schoolwork at.
79. Loving, Christian friends and aquaintances in our life.
80. The people who teach and/or watch my children when they're at church.
81. Our neighbors and their children.
82. Our employee Shane.
83. Hundreds of oak trees surrounding my home.
84. My broom.
85. Fried turkey.
86. New bathroom cabinets.
87. A new closet, designed & built by my husband.
89. My restaurant ware dishes. Indestructible.
90. Waterfront Rescue Mission.
91. Growing up in the South.
92. Raising my kids in the South.
93. Music piping through the speakers in my back yard.
94. Screened porches.
95. Sweet tea.
96. Split-leaf philodendron.
97. That my husband just told me he'd agree to getting a Wii for us all for Christmas.
98. That he's willing to wake up at 4 am so he can be at Sam's Club and in line by 5 am to get one.
99. That I'm making the majority of our gifts this year.
100. That I'm lucky and blessed enough to be able to say I'm a Mom.
That wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it'd be.
So, what's on your thankful list this year?
Posted by Leader of the Dream Brigade at 7:40 PM